KAT-KIT Deacy Amp Board.
Introducing the KAT-KIT Deacy Amplifier Board kit. It has been many years in the making! It has everything you need to build a highly accurate Deacy Amplifier board to the same specification as the one residing in Brian’s Legendary Deacy Amp. Even the transformers are exactly the same specification as Brian’s. We have tried our best to make this amplifier relatively easy to build, so, if you can solder, you can build this kit. Items that require specialist tools to assemble have been pre-made and assembled, so you won’t need bespoke riveting presses for the heatsink, or hot air guns to shrink the sleeving on the battery leads. It’s all been done for you.
And finally, we have even included the very rare and exceedingly hard to find vintage TO1-large can transistors that have all been individually tested and matched to ensure the amplifier performs perfectly.
So, what else do you need to build this iconic amplifier? Well, not a lot actually but, here’s a quick check list so you can pull everything together ready for the build:
- Soldering Iron (25 – 40W is more than adequate)
- Solder (would suggest Multicore 60/40 0.7mm solder)
- Wire cutters
- Snipe-nosed pliers
- New 9V PP9 battery (or KAT DABS unit)
- Sharp knife or scalpel
- Small flat-blade screwdriver
Everything else is included in the kit. Here’s a quick list detailing the parts included.
- Printed Circuit Board
- Heat Sink Assembly
- Interstage Transformer
- Output Transformer
- Bias Trimmer Pot Assembly
- 15 No. Resistors
- 7 No. Electrolytic Capacitors
- 1 No. Mylar Film Capacitor (Green Block)
- 1 No. AC125 (TO-1 Can)
- 1 No. AC126 (TO-1 Can)
- 2 No. AC128 (TO-1 Can)
- PCB Pins (6)
- Transistor Lead Sleeving (6 long, 2 short)
- Red jumper wire
- ¼” Jack Socket (For Speaker Cabinet)
- 2 Terminal Speaker Connection Strip (For Speaker Cabinet)
- Battery Lead Assembly with Blue Connectors
- Screened cable for Jack
- Two core speaker cable (Copper/Tinned)
- Internal power connecting wires (Yellow/Grey)
Instructions for build download below: